Thursday, February 17, 2011

Artbeads Project - Winter Enchantment

I love winter. I don't like to be cold. But I like being snuggled inside my house and looking out my windows. I watch the snow, I watch the trees, and I watch the birds. I feed birds all year but mostly in the winter.

I found this focal piece by Taina Hartman on Artbeads.com. It is a resin filled sterling pendant. The stark simplicity of the black and white bird design looks like a winter scene.






I used sterling stardust beads. Since they look like little snowballs. I wire wrapped the beads to this beautiful branch link. This branch link is a very nice component. The branch design is on both sides so if the necklace moves the branch won't be blank.






I finished the necklace with silver edged black silk ribbon. I wrapped very thin sterling wire around both ends and made my own rustic looking bar clasp off to the side.
It's beautiful! I am very happy the way this necklace turned out!








I want to finish by sending a big Thank You! to Artbeads.com for including me in their blogging program. I have enjoyed working with wonderful jewelry components from Artbeads. It has really helped me experiment with new techniques. I am very grateful.


Disclosure: I received some of the products from Artbeads free of charge, I have not been paid for endorsements of the products, and I am reviewing the products honestly.

1 comment:

Barbara G. said...

Beautiful!!!