Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Colors of Fall

I am so lucky to live in Bucks County. We have a beautiful countryside with some wonderful vineyards. After taking a drive with my husband I decided the wineries would be my inspiration for my Colors of Fall Artbeads project.

I have always liked orange and purple as a color combination. Here I used a beautiful antiqued copper pendant with a maple leaf design. It has a nice sized hole that I considered doing a multi-strand design. But once I saw these amethyst chips I decided to use these instead. The color is amazing. A beautiful deep purple like grapes at a winery.




The copper heart I used -off center- is another copper piece from Artbeads. Since these pieces are antiqued they have a hint of purple that works surprisingly well with the amethyst beads. But the patina on the copper makes these pieces work with many other colors as well. I could imagine using green, brown, or turquoise beads also.

And of course I have to mention these copper pieces are all USA made.

I used the remaining amethyst beads to make a bracelet. I used Swarovski copper pearls and added my own clasp and leaf pendant.


Disclosure: I received some of the products from Artbeads free of charge, I have not been paid for endorsements of the products, and I am reviewing the products honestly. (toggle clasp, gold leaf, beading wire, and copper spacers were my own and not provided by Artbeads.)



No comments: