Monday, September 06, 2010

Yardley Harvest Day

I don't go to a lot of craft shows anymore. Wow, they are hard work. Preparing your items..loading and unloading your car..setting up the tent..dealing with the wind..etc etc. Plus they are too expensive to sign up for and the profit is just not there. For example, I have heard of the 5&10 rule. It means that you should make between 5 to 10 times the amount of the spot. If a 10 x 10 space is 100 dollars then you need to bring in 500 to 1000 dollars. I have NEVER had that happen. I am surprised anyone does, frankly. I notice the sales to people around me and I usually do well compared to some others.

Well I'm sorry for sounding so negitive. Especially since I started this post to promote Yardley Harvest Day. It has always been a popular event. So I am very happy to have been selected. I hope I do well and this is the exception to the other shows I have done. Wish me LUCK!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's way to much for a table. The days of $5.00 flea market prices for a table are long gone. I don't blame you for not doing shows anymore!!!

Lori said...

I couldn't agree more. I've hung up the festival/show route.

Lori said...

But I will add that they sure are fun to go to!!!