Friday, July 02, 2010

Summertime And The Living Is Easy


Summertime is a fun and carefree season. Time to relax, vacation, and take it easy. So with that in mind I decided this month with my Artbeads project to make a versatile necklace that can be worn three ways. I used yellow czech glass beads and a gun metal chain. A floral gun metal toggle slips through to the other side and attaches to a round link. By doing that it can be worn layered or just long and swingy.















The gun metal chain is a favorite of mine. In fact I wrote a review for it on Artbeads. It has a nice sparkle to it so I like using this chain instead of sterling since it is much more affordable and it is made in USA.


When I ordered the parts I started with this lovely sunflower pendant as my inspiration but once I had everything in front in me I started with a whole new plan. However, I still had enough to make another necklace with the sunflower pendant. I used my own black crystal bead and wire wrapped it with artistic wire from Artbeads. I added some czech leaves and flowers using the artistic wire. The wire is very soft and super easy to use for wrapping around small parts. I love the contrast of the orange yellow of the sunflower and the darkness of the chain. The colors on this necklace are really wonderful.

Disclosure: I received some of the products from Artbeads free of charge, I have not been paid for endorsements of the products, and I am reviewing the products honestly. (glass leaves, glass flowers, black crystal, round link, and extra toggle clasps were my own and not provided by Artbeads.)

No comments: