Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good Intentions

Last night a family member died. My thoughts were of him and drifted into faith and religion. I haven't been very faithful lately. I want to be. But that doesn't count. I think the expression is " The way to hell is paved with good intentions."


When I sat at my desk to begin working on something I looked for the crosses I had. I made earrings with a knotted cross and deep red crystals beads. The beads were from a sample pack of different colors I ordered so I kept going with the crystals. The helix shaped crystals have such an unusual appearance. I think it adds a mystical quality to the earrings. In religion I like the mystical part of faith but I seem to have lost it. I had it as a child but now its gone. 
















2 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful earrings. I'm sorry for your loss. I know what you mean about trying and I KNOW that we all, even the best of us, struggle now and then. I think God knows this and understands. Hope things brighten for you very soon. :)

Have a great week.
Lori

Darlene said...

Thank you, Lori for your comforting words.