Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Advertising

When I first started selling on Etsy I thought people would go to the site, search, and buy. I thought Etsy would do more promoting. I thought it would make selling easier. Well that hasn't been the case. If you read the forums many sellers agree that Etsy is only a place to sell your items without the need for your own website. (Although I have my own and many other sellers too.) But Etsy doesn't do much more than that for me. Some sellers get a mention on their blog but by far most sellers are on their own.



So I finally took the plunge and decided to promote myself. I bought an ad in a magazine called Creating Community. It features articles and ads that promote a creative lifestyle. Whether it be through the arts, or nutrition, or alternative medicine, or religion. I hope that my jewelry will appeal to people that read this paper. So look for my ad in the Sep/Oct 2010 issue.
http://www.creatingcommunity.net/

No comments: