Thursday, December 31, 2009

Winter Sparkle - My Artbeads Project


I was recently contacted by Artbeads to sample their beads and jewelry supplies. I was a little overwhelmed at first but soon found something that sparked an idea.
My favorite place in the world is Vermont. And this time of year Vermont is snow covered, bright, glittering, and shiny bright with snow and ice. So thinking of Vermont was my inspiration for this bracelet.
Artbeads theme for December was silver and glass which was perfect for winter themed jewelry. I decided upon this beautiful crystal and sterling focal bead. It has a 5mm opening which was able to accommodate 7 seed beads and czech glass strands.
I finished the bracelet with a tube style clasp. I love these clasps and I have used them before. They are fairly easy to put on without help and are very secure to keep one. I put 4 strands on one loop and 3 on the other. The strands are twisted which look more interesting than if the strands were lined up straight across.
I don't think the pictures quite capture the sparkle this bracelet has. But I am very happy the way it turned out. It's sparkles and shines just like a Vermont winter day.

Disclosure: I received the products from Artbeads.com free of charge, I have not been paid for endorsement of the products, and I am reviewing the products honestly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.