Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Beading Challenge


I entered a beading contest.  It is a contest celebrating a new book Designing Jewelry with Semi-Precious Beads. Which is what I like to do most. I never could get into seed bead designs. And pieces with Swarovski crystal sell well at craft shows because of the sparkle but I like "real" stones the best.
I am sure I won't win but that is not why I entered. It is very much the same feelings I have about dancing in feiseanna. I compete because I enjoy the experience, I am around other dancers, and competing forces me to practice. In the same way entering this beading contest will encourage me to work on my jewelry skills. Although not in person but through blogs I have met other beaders and jewelry artists. 
The decision will be made by April 17 on www.beadingdaily.com
 I can't wait to see the results.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.