Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My New Hobby

I have a new hobby.

I Irish dance, I make jewelry, and now I am trying dog agility for fun with Abby.

I am surprised at how well she is doing. When I started I never thought she would go through a tunnel. But she does! Of course, she gets Jerky treats.
Today she did three jumps in a row and two tunnels and jumped on the table at the end. Amazing!
The trainer Wendy is so good with dogs. She is the only person outside of my immediate family that has ever pet Abby. It almost makes me cry. I wish Abby could trust people more but I really don't think that is ever going to happen.
But for now, Abby is having some fun. I hope I am giving her a good life. I will never know Abby's past but her future is with me.

3 comments:

Chrissi said...

Oh my gosh! I've been looking at etsy as a new avenue for selling my own work. It's getting late tonight, but I found "shop local" and clicked the button. I was excited to find other Bucks County artists and followed links to their blogs. Now I read about your Abby and WENDY! Wendy is a God send to our family, I can't say enough good things about her and P.C.

Your work is really lovely, hope to see more of it during my etsy searches :)
HUGS,
~Chrissi

Darlene said...

Hi Chrissi,
What kind of work do you do? I love Etsy and have only good things to say about my experience with them.
Likewise, my experience with Wendy and the Pet Campus. I adopted Abby from a NJ shelter and she has big aggression issues. I don't know what I would have done if I had not met Wendy. I can never thank her enough for the help she has given to me and Abby.
I hope to see your shop on Etsy soon!
~Darlene

Chrissi said...

Hi Darlene,

I'm a full time teddy bear artist. If you click on my name here it will take you to my blog and then there's a banner link out there to my web site. I dabble in other arts and crafts, but artisan bears are my passion.

Wendy is the best. We've done 5 rounds of classes from puppy to confidence with our one dog, Meadow. And then our other girl, who has anxiety issues and who had 2 really bad prior exp. with dog trainers, is just now starting one on one meetings. We have an older male beagle mix too, but he's pretty darn good the way he is! Never needed school with him (and he's our shelter dog). I've got pics of the pups and some doggie stories out on the blog from time to time :)

I'm hoping to get a shop going on Etsy by this weekend...here's hoping!

HUGS,
~Chrissi