Monday, March 24, 2008

Parade stress

I am glad the St. Patrick Day parades are over. It is too much stress for me to be in the parade. I am not sure why but dancing as a group is more pressure than dancing alone. I think that I don't want to mess it up for the other dancers. It would reflect poorly on the rest of the group if I mess up. And I did. I hope it was not too obvious but twice I did not do the dance steps correctly. In one parade, I made the mistake of making eye contact with someone at the stand. For only a second or two, my mind went blank and I was not really sure where I was in the routine.

Another strange thing is that I do well when I don't care but conversely I will do poorly if I care too much. Why? The expectations I put on myself are too much. I falter.

I hope I dance better if I do a feis.

Remember:

  • no eye contact
  • no group to disappoint
  • somehow try to relax

No comments: