Friday, September 21, 2007

Village Renaissance Faire

The Village Renaissance Faire in Wrightstown, Pa was held on September 15 and 16, 2007. I was there as a "merchant." I had been to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire before as a visitor and I loved it. This faire is smaller but was just as good or maybe even better.

There was a lot to do and see. Irish dance groups performed as well as belly dancers and African tribal dancers. There was a craft tent to learn about crafts from that time period. Since I was selling jewelry I missed the opening act and the joust. But the actors that walked around were very good and made the faire authentic.


Dansations Irish Dancers

The best part was just "people watching." Some people came dressed but not necessarily in clothing from the Renaissance time period. It looked a little like Halloween sometimes. Just like Halloween the Renaissance Faire gives people the chance to fantasize about who or what they are. The men become brave and noble while the women become coy and flirty. It is very interesting and I am sure all this could be analyzed but I'll leave it at that.


The view from my tent

I didn't sell as much as I had hoped. It was a lot of work setting up shop. On Saturday the wind was so strong that everything flew off my table. I was lucky the whole tent didn't blow. I won't go again as a merchant but I am looking forward to going next year just to visit.

No comments: