Sunday, December 17, 2006

"God bless us every one!'' said Tiny Tim, the last of all.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! It doesn't feel like Christmas to me until I've seen "A Christmas Carol". The story has all the elements of what Christmas means to me. It is a time to reflect on my past, present, and future. It is a time to remember those who are less fortunate than me. It is a time to change. Sometimes it is hard for me to keep a Christmas spirit in such modern times. But watching " A Christmas Carol" puts everything into perspective. Just like Scrooge I only find the meaning of Christmas when I am alone with my own ghosts. In quiet moments, listening to music and looking at the Christmas tree, I find my own kind of Christmas.


He went to church, and walked about the streets, and watched the people hurrying to and fro, and patted children on the head, and questioned beggars, and looked down into the kitchens of houses, and up to the windows: and found that everything could yield him pleasure. He had never dreamed that any walk -- that anything -- could give him so much happiness.
Excerpt from A Christmas Carol

I wish everyone a quiet and peaceful Christmas.

No comments: